RE: Hospital Radiation Safety for Autopsies

Dear Chris et al,

Should that Sr90 really be Sr89 (as is used for bone pain palliation)?
Except for GBq quantities of I-131 or for I-125 seeds, does any one out
there insist on more than standard infection control universal precautions
(which autopsy staff should be employing anyway) followed by a survey of
waste and personnel?

Martin Carolan
Senior Physicist
Department of Nuclear Medicine
Wollongong Hospital
NSW  AUSTRALIA

*********IMPORTANT NOTICE**********

The information contained within this e-mail message should be considered
as confidential and/or privileged.  It is intended solely for use by the
addressee named above.

If you have received this message in error you are hereby notified that you
must not copy, duplicate, forward, print or otherwise disseminate any
information contained within this E-Mail.  Please ensure that this e-mail
is deleted and please send a message to the postmaster at the
Illawarra Area Health Service via mailto:

POSTMASTER@iahs.nsw.gov.au.

This message has been scanned for Viruses!!