Re: Hospital Radiation Safety for Autopsies

NCRP 48 [Radiation Protection for Medical and Allied Health Personnel]
 has a short generic section [pg. 31-32] on autopsies on
radioactive material containing patients.  It refers the reader to
NCRP 37 [Precautions in the Management of Patients Who Have Received
Therapeutic Amounts of Radionuclides] which has 2 additional
sections - "Emergency Surgery or Death of the Radioactive Patient"
 and "Cremation".  These appear helpful.   pgs 24-38.

Aggie
standard disclaimer
Agnes.Barlow@Yale.edu