Rumor Regarding TLD Dosimeter Shortage

I am again posting this previousl;y posted message on Radsafe, Dec.
8, 1998, from Bicron-NE, regarding the rumor of TLD shortages,
resulting in significant price increases. This too is another rumor
being floated again, and is absoulutely incorrect:

Sub: Rumor Regarding TLD Dosimeter Shortage
BICRON recently discovered that there was a website posting during
the month of October, stating that a rumor was being circulated among
the dosimetry community concerning a shortage of TLD dosimeters. It
went on to conclude that this could potentially result in higher
dosimeter prices for TLD customers. As manufacturers of the HARSHAW
brand of TLD dosimeters and readers, we at BICRON want to assure
everyone that these statements are absolutely false! While there is
significant demand for our dosimeters, we have an ample inventory of
raw material to supply all types of TL materials, including the new,
high sensitivity LiF:MCP. We have sufficient manufacturing capability
to fully supply the world's markets with both HARSHAW TLD cards and
unmounted dosimeters in the form of chips, rods, microcubes, and
powders. We further welcome the opportunity to fill any and all
current and new customer's orders in any quantities ranging from a
few hundred to tens of thousands! Furthermore, we have no expectation
of increasing prices in the foreseeable future. We at BICRON
Radiation Measurement Products believe it is our obligation to the
marketplace to dispel this misinformation. We welcome your questions
and concerns at any time. You may contact us at our email address of
RMP@Bicron.com, or by telephone at 1 800 472-5656. You may also send
a fax to 1 440 349-6581. All BICRON employees abide by a Corporate
Quality Statement and a Code of Ethics. We trust that our colleagues,
customers, and competitors will do the same.
Sincerely,
Ronald J. Strobl
Worldwide General Manager
BICRON RMP
rstrobl@bicron.com

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205