Re: shipping violation?

I suggest reading NRC Information Notice No. 85-46, "Clarification of Several Aspects
of Removable Radioactive Surface Contamination Limits for Transport Packages."
Attachment 1 addresses "averaging of wipe samples" - You can average over 300 cm2,
NOT the entire wipe area if it is larger than 300 cm2; while attachment 2 addresses
"use of higher efficiency wipe samples" - A large area smear is NOT a higher
efficiency wipe sample, contrary to a previous comment.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com