RE: shipping violation?

	<<This is true, but keep in mind that even if the contaminated area
were 1
	square centimeter, they could average over 300 square centimeters
(and would
have gotten15 dpm/cm^2, for the 4440 dpm they found)>>

I must disagree, to average a contamination reading over 300 cm^2 if the
package were only 1 cm^2 just to get a lower mathematical value, should be
incorrect.  I don't see how you can take credit for an area you did not
assess.  I believe 49CFR says "the radioactivity is averaged over the
surface wiped", not just divide by 300 cm^2.

How would others handle items less than 300 cm^2?

Sincerely,
Glen
glen.vickers@ucm.com

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.