Re: 30 mCi of I-131

Mike

I suggest that you take a look at NCRP 37 - Precautions in the Management
of Patients Who Have Received Therapeutic Amounts of Radionuclides, which
was issued 1 October 1970. Chapter 2, on the Release from Hospital  of
Patients Containing RAM, specifies, e.g, that patients *shall* not be
released if the maximum integrated exposure, at one (1) meter, assuming
continuous exposure, would exceed 5R.  It gives examples and
recommendations, of body burdens, associated exposure rates, and integrated
exposures, for a number of scenarios and nuclides.

Regards
cja
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu

P.S. I hope that's not Terry Gilliam's "Brazil".