Re: Radiation Damage

>Who would know about radiation damage to polycarbonate and PVC plastics?  Is
>there a handy reference for this type of information?
>
>Regards,
>Jay Poston
>Work:	713-218-931

Jay

Seems like someone at NASA would know that. For one thing, the windows of
spacecraft are (or used to be) made of Lexan (a polycarbonate, I believe).
And, one would think that a good deal of the plastics inside the vehicles
would be PVC's. But, this also seems like the kind of arcane lore that some
of the Medphys folks probably have at their fingertips. Ergo, I shall
forward your question to them.

cja