Re: Styrofoam Smears for Tritium

Hello;

We used to get styrofoam smears from Atlantic Nuclear (800/878-9118).
That was about five or six years ago.

We stopped using them because they are prone to breakage and tearing
(and I believe have questionable or inconsistent pickup factors).  And
the newer "environmentally benign" cocktails take a while to to dissolve
the styrofoam.

We now use Whatman #2 filters.  These filters become effectively
translucent on contact with the cocktail.

Regards,

Paul
--
Paul R. Steinmeyer