Re: Supplier for Gamma Shield Material

I will be out of the office from June 20 through July 4, returning July 5th.

Please contact Jennifer Smulling on x2978 if you need imediate assistance.

Subject: Supplier for Gamma Shield Material
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
Date: 06/19/00 21:13:46

We have managed to contaminate one of our gamma detector shields.  We
believe we can just replace the copper liner and we'll be back in business.
There is a piece of cadmium on the back of the copper that we should replace
with tin to get around the toxicity issues.  Does anyone know of a supplier
that could provide me with a sheet of copper and tin that we could then fab
to fit our shield?