Re: 1.3 billion people killed, maimed or diseased...-Rosalie Bertell

In a message dated 6/20/00 12:11:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bcradsafers@hotmail.com writes: [Re: Dr. Rosalie Bertell]

> >Gerry Parker, Director of the MA Dept. of Public Health, was in
>the audience.  When he asked her what statistical test was used to >show
>data significance, she replied that she didn't need a statistical >test;
>she knew when the data was significant.

I think that her PhD is in statistics but I am not sure.

>  My own reflections - I apologize if they are wrong,
>  Bjorn Cedervall       bcradsafers@hotmail.com
======
Dr. Bertell's degree is as I recall in biostatistics. In the 1970s she was
associated with the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in New York State, and has
been producing a string of  exaggerated claims about the health effects of
radiation from man-made sources since at least 1972 to my knowledge. She was
formerly a Carmellite nun. Perhaps her claim reported above that she did not
need a test of statistical significance but "knew" when data was significant,
stems from her belief her personal  judgments are somehow handed down from on
high.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
email: radiumproj@cs.com
[802] 496-3356