Re: 1.3 billion people killed, maimed or diseased...-Rosalie

June 21, 2000
Davis, CA

I sat next to Rosalie Bertell at a U.S. Senate committee hearing in 1998
where we were both testifying as scientific experts. (Steve Wing was two
seats away.) She spend more than her allotted time telling the Senators
about her views of DNA damage from ionizing radiation, but she obviously is
not a scientist and her testimony was mostly anti-nuclear activist
nonsense. She may have studied "biometry" but she seems to think she is an
expert on radiation effects. She objected when I testified that the typical
American receives a lifetime whole-body-equivalent radiation dose of about
20 rem from natural sources, and seemed to have difficulty multiplying 0.3
rem per year times 70 years.

Otto
	Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
	Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
	(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)
	University of California, Davis, CA 95616
	E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu
	Phone:(530) 752-7754, FAX:(530) 758-6140