Re: German Nuclear Plant Closure Won't Hurt Utilities, Mueller Says

." Mueller said Germany probably won't be able to avoid
>importing nuclear power from abroad, Die Zeit reported, in a pre-
>release of Thursday's edition."

I think we should sell them electricity at ten times the price - why should we mess up our environment for him. Also, does it not make sense that there will be a greater demand for power as the demand/population increases in the future?  It would serve them right if there was no available power to sell to them.  I beleive that this political ostrich has his...., well, i'll go no further.  Thanks for listening from my soap box again!    With only the best regards for my fellow
              radsafers,

                          Tom

--

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:50:39   Sandy Perle wrote:
>A political Ostrich with his head in the sand:
>
>German Nuclear Plant Closure Won't Hurt Utilities, Mueller Says
>
>Berlin, June 28 (Bloomberg) -- German plans to shut down the
>country's 20 nuclear power stations won't cost utilities a cent,
>Economics Minister Werner Mueller said, according to weekly newspaper
>Die Zeit. Instead, the plans will have a ``favorable effect'' on
>electricity prices as much less investment is required for new gas-
>fired power stations than for nuclear plants, Mueller told the
>newspaper. Mueller said Germany probably won't be able to avoid
>importing nuclear power from abroad, Die Zeit reported, in a pre-
>release of Thursday's edition.
>
>The government and utilities including RWE AG and Veba AG agreed June
>14 to limit the average maximum life span of Germany's reactors to 32
>years.

>Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
>Director, Technical				Extension 2306
>ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
>ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
>ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
>Costa Mesa, CA 92626
>
>Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205