Re: Verification of NAS Statement

Went to the NAS web page and found:

http://www4.nationalacademies.org/news.nsf/0a254cd9b53e0bc585256777004e74d3/b5f4ff4d77676b1c8525677400635546?OpenDocument

hope this helps

Frank R. Borger - Senior Physicist, Gammex RMI
fborger@gammex.com phn 608-828-7289 fax 608-828-7500

How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
Only one. According to Heisenberg, all you have to do
is observe the light bulb, and you change it.

>>> "Michael S Ford" <MFORD@pantex.com> July 12, 2000 14:16 >>>
Would someone please point me in the proper direction to help me verify the correctness of the following statement?:

"The 1999 report from the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) confirmed that radon in drinking water causes cancer, primarily lung cancer from inhaling radon transferred into indoor air."

I actually thought the NAS report showed that risk was negligible.

Thanks in advance,
v/r
Michael
TRAB