From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
[mailto:radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu]On Behalf Of Tom Savin
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 7:54 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: JOHNSTON ATOLL RADIATION IS CALLED TOLERABLE

Hi radsafers:

I have a question about the quote below- "(plutonium) is three times heavier
than lead" ?  How? Is this correct? It just dosen't make sense to me with
the Pb having an atomic weight of 207 and plutonium at 244.  Would someone
please explain this to me, I would be grateful.

                             Thanks,

                                 Tom
--

>"Its low levels on Johnston Atoll itself would not pose a danger to any
other
>populated areas, and since the material is three times as heavy as lead,
>ocean currents could never carry it, said..."

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com