NIRS anti-nuclear activity summer 2000

An anti-nuclear group is hauling a fake spent fuel shipping cask around the
country.
This is part of their diary, which is posted at
http://www.nirs.org/roadsrails/roadsrailsdiary75112000.htm

"Wed., July 5th, 2000  Leaving Chicago I hit a long traffic jam. The mock
nuclear waste cask crawled along I-94 and I-90 past downtown Chicago, under
the shadow of the towering skyscrapers, at 20 miles per hour, and sometimes
came to a dead stop. All in all, the cask was stuck next to the very same
neighboring cars for well over an hour. This is actually on the short end
of how long Chicago traffic jams can last. During a particularly long dead
standstill, people in neighboring cars actually rolled down their windows
to ask me what in the world I was hauling behind me. I was able to hand
them all our literature. I explained to them that  at their distance of six
feet from the cask -- had this been an actual high level nuclear waste
cask, they would have been exposed to the equivalent of one chest x-ray per
hour in harmful neutron and gamma radiation. "

Any estimates for what the actual dosage will be to the people in cars near
a real shipping cask?

Thanks,

John Hughes