Dominion's Nuclear Units Among the Lowest Cost U.S. Performers

Dominion's Nuclear Units Among the Lowest Cost U.S. Performers in
1999

RICHMOND, Va., July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- For the eighth consecutive
year, Dominion's (NYSE: D) two nuclear stations were among the top
low-cost producers of nuclear-generated electricity in the United
States, an industry database reports.

Nucleonics Week, in its annual ranking of nuclear stations, reports
that North Anna Power Station was the second lowest-cost producer of
electricity in 1999 at $11.20 per net megawatt-hour generated, and
Surry Power Station was ninth lowest at $13.41 per net megawatt-hour
generated.

"Our performance continues to show that our nuclear stations provide
an excellent economic value to our customers and our shareholders,"
said Thomas F. Farrell II, Dominion Energy chief executive officer.
"By continuing to focus on safe operations, teamwork, and attention
to detail in getting the job done, we are producing reliable
electricity at competitive prices."

Nucleonics Week reports that the 1999 median cost for nuclear
stations that generated power and reported their costs to the federal
government was $16.40 per net megawatt-hour.

The industry also tracks production costs over three-year cycles,
which more accurately reflects the impact of refueling outages on
production costs. For the eighth consecutive three-year cycle, North
Anna led the nation's 70 nuclear power stations in production costs
at $11.28 per net megawatt-hour for 1997-99.  Surry was fourth at
$13.10.

North Anna Power Station has two 900-megawatt (net), three-loop
pressurized water reactors, while Surry has two 800-megawatt (net),
three-loop pressurized water reactors.  Last year, North Anna and
Surry generated 15,309,614 and 12,991,029 net megawatt-hours of
electricity, respectively.

Dominion Generation, a unit of Dominion Energy, manages the electric
generating plants of Virginia Power (www.vapower.com), including
North Anna and Surry.  Dominion Energy is a subsidiary of Dominion,
the nation's largest fully integrated natural gas and electric power
company with 4 million retail customers in five states.  For more
information, visit the company's Internet site at www.dom.com.

Nucleonics Week is a news and database publishing unit of The McGraw-
Hill Companies.  Nucleonics Week creates its annual rankings from
production cost data filed by owners and operators of each U.S.
nuclear unit with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Production cost is the sum of operations and maintenance costs plus
fuel costs, divided by the net amount of megawatt-hours generated.
Nucleonics Week may be reached at (202) 383-2170.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205