RE: No response: sweaty surveys

any concern about contamination being caught in open pores closing as the
person cools down???

-----Original Message-----
From: Arp, Kathleen H. [mailto:arpkh@wsi-or.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 12:18 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: No response: sweaty surveys

Franz,

A "cool down station" would really work great here.  If that is not
possible, then supply personnel with clean towels or absorbent material
at boundary and monitor skin post personnel dry off.  Must ensure that
there is little potential for skin contamination (spread of
contamination) to exist.  Must also consider sweat soaked clothing.  I
am assuming this is a pure alpha emitter, and use of ratios (alpha to
beta/gamma) and beta/gamma instrumentation is not applicable?

Kathleen H. Arp
Radiation Safety Officer
WSI-OR (161 Mitchell Rd)
[ph.276-9246, E-mail: arpkh@wsi-or.net]