Re: PPE in biomedical research

Todd,

I have been asked that question once. After a (very) short reflection time,
I responded NO, they would have to glove both hands. When asked as to why, I
responded that all to often, the worker would require both hands performing
tasks in a laboratory environment. The pen, pencil, paper and other items
should be surveyed in the event the items may become contaminated. But with
both hands gloved, the individual was better protected from the
contamination. I told that people come first, then the environment followed
by the facility or experiment. With that being the sequence, they would have
to protect the hands before the pencil.

John Pickering
San Jose State University