RE: PPE in biomedical research

For an interesting view on working with one hand gloved and one hand
unprotected, I recommend watching Sara Molton on the food channel.  She
frequently is involved with cooking an item, such as chicken, where the
intent is to wet dip the item with one hand and dry dip the item with the
other hand.  The purposes of this method include ( I believe ) the prevent
of cross contamination of other cooking items with salmonella and also to
prevent development of a large sticky mess on both hands.

I've yet to see her make it more than a few minutes into shows featuring
this practice without crossing hands at least once.

People are people.  If you have the potential for challenging more than 10%
of the applicable guidance limits, I would be very leery of this practice.

Just an opinion.

Ron LaVera
Lavera.r@nypa.gov