EPA job requirements

Dear Glen,

I agree that EPA does not seem to be looking for a health physicist for this
position.  However, to use your baseball analogy, I would expect ANY
baseball player to be able to throw, swing a bat, and catch a ball because
those are the basic tools of the trade.  Similarly, I think that anyone
working with a group doing modeling upon which radiological regulatory,
policy, or remediation decisions will be based should know SOMETHING about
ionizing radiation.  For such a group, I'd like to think that some basic
knowledge of ionizing radiation would be required, just as you'd expect a
fielder to be able to throw a ball, even if they're not pitching.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP              (716) 275-1473 (voice)
Radiation Safety Officer          (716) 275-3781 (office)
University of Rochester           (716) 256-0365 (fax)
601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH   Rochester, NY  14642

Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu
http://Intranet.urmc.rochester.edu/RadiationSafety