RE: "Scientific Evidence"

The P53 gene offers a good model for this discussion in that a great deal is
known about the molecular genetic process. To jump from a possible cause(rad
dose) to a multistep dependent outcome cannot be applied across the
molecular board.  The P53 process is multistep beginning with a point
mutation and ultimately leading to chromosome deletion.  The retinoblastoma
case is a single step point process assuming the affected individual is
initially heterozygous  for the mutation or a two step process assuming the
initial event was environmental or spontaneous and a second spontaneous
homogenotizing event occurred to cause the cancer.  In this second example
and using population probabilities one can make a very convincing case on
either cause or not cause as a population or person event; as to molecular
cause?