Best Practice for decay storage

Earlier this week I stumbled on Radsafe and, never having subscribed to such a forum before, have been surprised at the amount of information that flows through the group. Some of it stimulating.

At the end of August I am starting a review of international best practice in relation to the accumulation of radioactive materials for decay in storage. I have looked through the Radsafe archive and followed many of the threads; one lead in particular recommended IAEA Tecdoc-1041 and my thanks to J.J. Rozental who helped me obtain the document.

Can anyone suggest other relevant documents or leads that may be useful in this review. I am interested in policy, regulation, practical guidance and the basis behind adopted approaches (if available).

I am on leave from today (4th August 2000) and have set the POSTPONE option - or the network administrator will not be my friend by the time I return (21 August 2000). Please reply to my own address during this period and I will summarise and share the responses when I return.

Thank you for your interest

Nick

Dr. N.G. Mitchell
Mouchel,   West Hall,   Parvis Road,
West Byfleet,  Surrey,  KT14 6EZ,  United Kingdom.
E-mail: Nick_Mitchell@Mouchel.com