Re: loosing, Tooth Fairy Project

> The EPA, NRC, and similar organizations
> must maintain the perception of potentially serious risks from low-level
> radiation if they are to remain viable.

I agree with the above with respect to the EPA. I don't agree when
you lump in the NRC. Granted, there are those within the NRC who
"think" like they are in EPA, but for the most part, the NRC has
moved towards a performance based philosophy, and, address issues
when the dose is of a higher value, generally > 1 rem, therefore,
moving away from treating any minimal dose as a violation when
inspecting against regulations.

Granted, there may be differences in philosophy based on the type of
licensee dealt with, i.e., nuclear power, industrial or medical. I
only speak for the nuclear power segment, where I have seen a
positive movement.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205