Steve Wing, a scientist?

Rudi Nussbaum wrote:

Jay MacLellan (07/31/00) reverts back to an ancient criterion for
deciding on the scientific qualifications of a "scientist", specifically
applied here to Steve Wing . It was used by the Roman Catholic
Church in 1633 against Galileo: He should be burned at the stake...

This is ridiculous.  All I said was Wing's logic was faulty, and many of us had
commented on it.  I certainly don't remember suggesting he should be burned at
the stake, or even locked away from public contact.  I do get the feeling though
you feel anyone who questions his findings should be.  Where do you get this
stuff?

Jay A. MacLellan, CHP
Phone:  509-376-7247
Fax:      509-376-2906