Re: Landmark Defense Verdict in Favor of SCE in Wrongful Death Nuclear Radiation Case Reversed

In a message dated Wed, 2 Aug 2000  6:03:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@earthlink.net> writes:

<<Landmark Defense Verdict in Favor of Southern California Edison in
Wrongful Death Nuclear Radiation Case Reversed
The Ninth Circuit opinion is available at
 http://www.ce9.uscourts.gov/web/newopinions.nsf.
(Kennedy v. Southern California Edison, 07/20/00>>

I finally went and picked up a copy of the case.  It regards the wife of an SCE employee, who suffered and died from chronic myelogenous leukemia.  Apparently, the theory is that he unwittingly brought home hot particles from defective fuel, and she was thereby exposed.  I'm curious...does anyone know what dose Mrs. Kennedy was alleged to have received?  How in the world did they arrive at dose assessment?

Barbara L. Hamrick
BLHamrick@aol.com