Re: visible light damage to DNA

>I maybe wrong, but I think it was the Setlow(s) out of Oak Ridge Biology
>Division that performed the original work on thymine dimerization.

This is to my knowledge correct - it was R. Setlow who discovered the repair
of UV induced pyrimidin dimers (probably published around 1964). The first
to see DNA double-strand break repair was probably John T. Lett (in 1967?)
at Fort Collins, CO. I have the original papers of both authors/groups.

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/