Deadly radio waves

Aug. 11

	The safety department at my place of employment receives "Waste News,"
published by Crain Communications Inc. in Detroit.

	An article in the Aug. 7 issue (p. 3) reports on Stericycle Inc.'s plans
to build a new medical waste treatment plant in Yorkville, WI to replace
its plant there that was recently destroyed by a fire.

	According to the article:

	"The plant, which treated 1.5 million pounds of medical waste per month,
used Stericycle's Electro-Thermal Deactivation system, a process that uses
radio waves to kill pathogens in the waste but allows materials to be
salvaged for recycling."

	"radio waves".  Hmmmmm.  Well . . . some of the "music" I hear on the
radio could probably kill anything.

Steven Dapra
sjd@swcp.com