Re: Tooth Fairy

Regarding Ms. Milligan's post:

Teeth are used because the affinity by 90Sr results in a high and relatively
stable bioaccumulation, and easier detection of concentrations that might
not be so easily detectable in the environment.  The results, actually, are
far less easily controlled in the open environment than in teeth.  The teeth
more closely represent ingestion and inhalation doses, versus presence of
the contaminant, than would simply sampling the vegetation or soil.  What if
no one eats that vegetation?  What if it is closely bound to something in
the vegetation or soil, and isn't really available for uptake, but is passed
through the body without interaction, etc.?

V/R
GRCicotte
Health Physicist 3
Nuclear Materials Safety
Bureau of Radiation Protection
Ohio Dept. of Health

unofficial - I have no idea whether the Governor agrees with me, but I
didn't clear this - opinion based on memory as a former NRC inspector and as
a long-time HP.