Fallout, Baldwin in Austrian TV, Ukrainian children in Austria

At 14:12 14.08.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>Somebody mentioned that the early 1960s were the time of maximum fallout.
>>This is very true.

Björn,

Curves on the dependency of various artificial radionuclides in the
environment on time are available to the dozens - Sr-90 in milk, in teeth
(yes, also in teeth), in bones, in antlers, tritium in precipitation, in
wine, in atmospheric water vapour, C-14 in wine, in organic matter, in
atmospheric CO2, Kr-85 in the atmosphere, Cs-137 in milk, in precipitation,
in reindeer meat, in lapps, in reindeer herders, etc. etc., in Sweden, in
Finland, in Austria, in Germany, in Italy, Sr-90 and Cs-137 in dozens of
stations all over the world, in Slovakia, I am sure also in the USA. Why
are we wasting our time with an ignorant, arrogant and offending person? I
have written clearly on the fallout timing at the longest a few days ago -
it seems that also most RADSAFErs do not read the posts about the subject
they are discussing on. The peak was in all instances shortly after the
moratorium of 1962, this is in 1963 and 1964.

Nice TV-evening: On ORF1 there is just a film running (title tranlated: Not
guilty) with Demi Moore and Alec Baldwin - now finally I know how he looks
like. Comment in the papers: In spite of big names just a rather mediocre
thriller. Just now on ORF2 a short film on "Chernobyl children in
Carinthia" has finished. The introduction spoken mentioned the biggest
catastroph and the uncontrolled meltdown (does anybody know, how a
controlled one is achieved), the official number of deaths of 31, but the
unofficial 15 000. The reporter (journalist?) said, that the children come
from the town Pripriat, just a few kilometers away from the reactor, but
mentioned a few seconds later that the town was evacuated a few days after
the nuclear explosion (1986). The children were all below 12 years old. It
was said, that they all suffer from an immune deficience syndrome, the
"Chernobyl AIDS". This was all on Chernobyl, then it was about 10 minutes
of how the children enjoy to be here, the children themselves admired the
clean air, the beautiful landscape, the lake, the food, the friendly
people, the gardens and flowers, the doctors talked about malnutrition and
the prohibitive costs of medicine in the Ukraine etc. Suddenly Chernobyl
was forgotten.

Enough, I sent already too many posts today.....

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Please note my new telephone number at my office!

Office:
Ministerialrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71100-4458