Re: Uranium Uptake Above 10 CFR 20 Limit

That's not necessarily true.  The urinary excretion factor for the
insoluble (class Y) material will be about 2 orders of magnitude smaller
than that for very soluble (class D) in the time period being discussed,
which only means you need a larger intake before it's detected.  You need
to know which class you're dealing with before calculating the intake - it
will make a very big difference in the estimated intake activity and
subsequent dose.  Class W will fall in between D and Y, although the
excretion fraction is much closer to the class D values (at least up to 30
days; I didn't check beyond that).  It's not clear what class was used from
the notice, although it does seem to imply a soluble material was assumed.

Liz