Re: Coal v. Nuclear

Glenn Carson responds:

 >According to the American Nuclear Society
 >(http://www.ans.org/pi/raddosechart/pdfs/raddosechart.pdf) your annual dose
 >from a nuclear power plant is THREE TIMES your annual dose from a coal-fired
 >electrical utility plant.

It seems to me that there is a significant difference between "more
of that scary radiation stuff into the environment in one day than nuclear
plants will in a year" and dosage because you live within 50 miles of a
plant.  A fossil plant with a 1000-ft stack doesn't usually affect the area
around the plant too much.  I was talking about the total amount into the
environment.  And, the key issue is that whether it is 0.009 or 0.003 added
mrems, it probably doesn't affect most of us!