Re: salem radiation forum 9/8-Thick skin comment

Tony:

You may not realize it but the skin [i.e.: epidermis] of a human is quite a
bit thicker than other animals such as a dog. Coincidental to your comment
below, yesterday I had to take my dog to a vet. The vet had various posters
on the wall including one showing a cross section through the skin of a dog
vs. a human. A human epidermis was noted as being about 10 cells thick vs. a
dog at 4. The other major difference is that humans have sweat glands in
their skin while dogs do not. Information like this is vital, especially if
one ever finds themselves on who wants to be a millionaire.

Accordingly, if you meet up with a hostile  crowd [whether activist or
regulated] and they treat you like a dog,  it may be some small comfort to
you to know that you already have a relatively "thick" skin to protect you.
Also, if  the interactions with your audience get too heated, you having
sweat glands where  a dog has none,  can at least shed some heat relatively
easily. You may end up looking like Richard Nixon in the famous  televised
debate with Kennedy, but at least you'll be maintaining your body temperature.

Good luck.
Stewart Farber, MSPH
email: radiumproj@cs.com