Source Term

I am interested in this group's definition of "Source Term" and any historical information on it's development or reference to the same.

I am aware that there is a definition from the nuclear power industry's accident, recovery and mitigation planning efforts, but look for a more general definition that could apply to other radioactive material uses in other than power situations.  So far I have looked in RTM-96: Response Technical Manual (NUREG/BR-0151,Vol.1, Rev 4, pC13. and Appendix C of RASCAL Version 2.1 User's Guide, NUREG/CR-5247, and several EPA regulatory efforts use this same term.

Please feel free to define it for me.

Thank You

Bill Pramenko
University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio