re a real solution

Mike:

Bernard Cohen (I think) wrote an article for Scientific American.  As I
recall, in this seminal article, he showed toxicity curves for uranium
bearing ore vs. fission products, proving that nuclear power plants were a
valid method for reducing the health threat from in situ naturaly occuring
radioactive material, in only about 300 years. This is something some
regulatory authorities are still trying to do, to this day, without much
success. He used contemporary dosimetry for the day, which was, rather
primitive.  I thing this article is very old, you may have to go back more
than 20 years, but it is worth finding.

PS.  If you find it online, could you shoot me a copy.

Conrad Sherman