Small X-ray source - again

Again my message did not reach the list. As some radsafers pointed out to me
(by private email, thanks!), I started my messages with "FROM". Messages
starting with either "TO" or "FROM" at the beginning of paragraphs cannot be
processed by the listserver.

Now that I have changed my first sentence, I hope I get it through:

One of our units asked me some questions on radiation safety and regulatory
aspects of a kind of x-ray diffraction machine used to determine the amount
of sulphur in fuel.
It is the XA300, delivered by Tanaka Scientific Instruments and produced by
the Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan).
The manual mentions an x-ray tube of 7 kV, 100 ľA. Rumours go about the
possible presence of a Fe-55 source too?

Before we check the apparatus on location, I would like to collect some
technical information on it. Searches on the internet did not bring up any
info. Radsafers, can you help?

 Jetty Middelkoop
Head of the Radiological Proteciton Service
Netherlands Ministry of Defence
sbd@co.dnet.mindef.nl