RE: "Anti-Nukes"

Oh, no, I wasn't attacking what you said, I just wanted to make that extra little point.

Barbara L. Hamrick
BLHamrick

In a message dated Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:15:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Tye Morancy <tye_morancy@yahoo.com> writes:

<<
     I'm sorry, you misunderstood my statement.  In the context of
the message given by the person from Roger's computer, I was simply
restating the word he used to refer to the incorrect labels he placed
on our profession.  I am saying here that we are here for education
and such, and NOT what the person made us out to be.  My statement
was in fact illustrating (at least I hoped...) how the majority of us
are not in it for business or monetary matters, but to protect and
pass on what we know...

--- BLHamrick@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated Tue, 22 Aug 2000  4:20:31 PM Eastern Daylight
> Time, Tye Morancy <tye_morancy@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> <<    We are here to educate and inform, but yet are identified as
> "big
> business" and given other negative labels that we have all probably
> heard.>>
>
> I would also like to point out that many of us here are government
> employees - Federal, state and local -  and frankly, we could
> probably make a lot more money in private industry...For whatever
> reason, we choose to stay and serve in the interest of public
> health and safety...I'm certainly not "in this" for the money...If
> that's all it was to me, I'd pick up a gig as a lawyer for one of
> the "anti" organizations.
>
> Barbara L. Hamrick
> BLHamrick@aol.com

> information can be accessed at