Reducing I-125 counts by filtration

Title: Reducing I-125 counts by filtration

I recently came across a paper that was written about 8 years ago detailing how to reduce the counts of liquid I-125 waste by running it thru a carbon filter (water filter) and then thru a PVC column with resin beads.  The author claims to have been able to reduce the counts by up to 85%.  Has anyone every tried this or know of any such commercial systems that do this?  I will try and dig up the article and post more details if anyone is interested.

John Lindsey
Operations Manager
Diagnostic Systems Laboratories, Inc.