Special Nuclear Material Foils

We are currently in the process of using foils (16) containing a total of 2 g of U-235 to perform some of our characterization work in our high level waste tank.  Since we have not had to work with special nuclear materials in a long while, I have been asked to find answers to the following questions:

1.  For this quantity (2 g) of U-235 spread out between 16 foils, are there any special security measures that would be required by regulation.  Please identify regulations.

2.  Are there any Special Accountability requirements above and beyond those for any other radioactive materials.

Please respond directly to Paul Winkler at:

WinkleP@wv.doe.gov

Thank you.

Dave Biela