Position Available

About 6 weeks ago I posted a note stating that we expected to
have two positions open in the near future.  Well, the positions
have been re-defined and are open; therefore, we are looking to
move quickly to fill them.

Position Title:   Radiation Safety Technologist

Position Summary:  Responsible for conducting radiation safety
surveys and audits of research laboratories and clinical facilities
where sources of ionizing radiation are used, and supporting the
radiation monitoring program.  Duties may be assigned at Drexel
University, MCP Hahnemann University, and/or Tenet Healthcare
facilities (in the Philadelphia Region) in any combination at the
discretion of the Director of Radiation Safety.

Experience:  1 year of experience in radiation safety at an
academic or medicla facility is preferred; however experience in a
research lab or clinical department where sources of ionizing
radiation are used will be considered.

Education:  An Associates Degree in health physics or a
Bachelors degree in physics, biology, chemistry or other science
is required.  Seven years experience at an academic / medical
facility may substitute for the degree requirement.  Certification in
nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, or radiography  technology will
be considered in substitution for the degree requirement.

Skills/Abilities:  Must be knowledgeable in the use of radiation
detection equipment.  Must have or quickly develop a working
knowledge of radiation protection regulations, standards, and
practices at academic.medical facilities.  Must be computer
literate, have good oral and written communication skills, and be
able to interface with persons of various backgrounds.  The
successful candidate needs to be able to work independently with
general direction and needs to be detail oriented.

Please submit a resume, references, and salary requirements to:

Kent Lambert
Radiation Physics and Safety, MS 444
MCP Hahnemann University
Broad and Vine Streets