From:  Derek Morrison [SMTP:dmorriso@lib.drury.edu]
<mailto:[SMTP:dmorriso@lib.drury.edu]>
Sent:  Wednesday, October 04, 2000 10:25
To:  'cwbeasley@sprg.smhs.com '
Subject:  frog cloning

I thought I would let you know how I am progressing.  I still have not found
any information on the effects of radiation on cells, excluding DNA.  All
the research I have found is about DNA.
Here are some questions I would like you to look at, revise, and get out on
the internet sites you talked about.
"What effects does radiation have on cells(specifically egg cells) excluding
effects on DNA?"
"Does radiation effect the organelles, cytoplasm, or outer membrane of cells
(specifically egg cells)?"
"Could radiation destroy DNA within cells, without damaging the rest of the
cell?"
"Could radiation destroy DNA within cells, without damaging the rest of the
cell, and would implanted DNA survive after the radiation?"
I also have some other questions you might be able to answer, or might be
able to find answers to.  Is there another way to deactivate DNA, RNA, or
their corresponding enzymes and proteins without damaging the protoplasm and
membranes of the cell?  I really appreciate your kindness in offering me
help
Thank you.