Calibration/Verification of Rotameters

All,

I would like to know how often you calibrate/verify the rotameters associated with air sampling equipment at your facility and to what accuracy.  This would be for both installed and mobile air sampling systems/equipment.  We are currently calibrating our rotameters annually with a +/- 15% accuracy and would like to try and justify a longer calibration period.

Please respond to me directly unless you feel your response would be appreciated by the entire list.

Thanks for you help,

Dennis J. Hadlock, RRPT, CHMM
Principal Health Physicist
Westinghouse Savannah River Company