Uranium in well water

I found some information on the Internet which tends to contradict my initial
suggestion that uranium in well water is not harmful. Here is the text which
was found at the following URL:  http://www.antenna.nl/wise/uranium/utox.html

ingestion of uranium with drinking water on humans is available. It finds
that kidney function is affected by uranium uptakes considered safe in the
publications based on animal studies: "A study was conducted of the chemical
effects on the human kidney induced by the chronic ingestion of uranium in
drinking water. Subjects were divided into two groups: The low-exposure
group, whose drinking water was obtained from a municipal water system and
contained < 1 µg
uranium/L, and the high-exposure group, whose drinking water was obtained
from private drilled wells and contained uranium levels that varied from 2 to
781 µg/L." These levels caused uranium intakes in the range of 0.004 to 9 µg
per kg body weight and day.