Re: Anti-nuclear sentiment (and where's Fox Mulder when you need him?)

DJWhitfill wrote:

>Below is an example of the anti-nuclear sentiment out there. How do you
>even begin to respond to this? It obviously doesn't go away when you ignore
>it...sticking to logical argument or invoking sound scientific principles
>appears to be ineffective...public/secondary education programs apparently
>are a dismal failure...

>"Do not trust to the cheering, for those persons would shout as much as if
>you and I were going to be hanged" Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658)

The truth is out there DJ...

Pull the sting long enough and it runs to individual self-interests at the
expense of long-term survival concepts for the bulk of Planet Earth and
Earthlings.  The anti's don't see beyond the next allowance check from
whatever special interest group is actually running them (whether they know
it or not...); the politicians won't look beyond the next ten-second
sound-bite opportunity and neither of these "groups" understand the
ramifications of what the hell they're discussing (and lets have no more of
that damn cussing here...) with respect to optimal long term survival for
planetary life forms in general.

In truth, I wonder at the influence of elected officials in any respect.
Let's face it, they're fed only what the bureaucrats send them.  Wouldn't it
be cool if we could change the US Constitution to elect officials every six
years but when we change administrations we have the option of firing all
government employees down to a certain level with an option of hiring back
the performers.

Plato said it:  "The optimum solution to a problem is that resulting in the
greatest good for the greatest number."

This is one of the fundamentals of democracy which has been bastardized (not
a genuine cuss-word) into almost the inverse.  From this axiom politics has,
seemingly, evolved it's own inverse square law with respect to the "Greatest
Good."

My opinions only and you'll have a hard time swaying me from them; I promise
to write less when I'm working more...

Neil Keeney, RRPT
neilkeeney@aol.com