Re: Power Plant Pollution Linked to 30,000 Premature Deaths Each Year

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Susan Gawarecki wrote:

> comparison to the 23 excess deaths predicted from exposure to radiation
> from transport of nuclear waste.

	--This is the second recent reference to this. What is the source
of the estimate of 23 deaths from nuclear waste transport? Is this deaths
per year? If so it is orders of magnitude larger than numbers I have seen
before, generated by Sandia Lab, I believe.