Re:

Folks,

The Brookhaven Organization of Scientists has an excellent short response to the tooth fair folks at http://www.buoy.com/~bos/flawed.study/flawed.html

Strangely enough, although Brookhaven states that Long Island dairy products and cheeses come from New York, New Jersey and "as far away as Wisconsin," the state of Wisconsin is currently a net IMPORTER of milk, although it is still a large exporter of cheese.

Of course Norm and the rest of the green<<<<<red party won't let a little scientific fact get in the way of their opinions, but lots of ordinary people I've talked to understand things like this, (especially farmers,) and accept the Strontium story as the natural fertilizer it is.

Frank R. Borger - Physicist, Gammex RMI
fborger@gammex.com   phn: 608-828-7289 fax: 608-828-7500
These opinions are strictly mine, and not those of Gammex RMI
"One third of the rats were improved on the experimental
medication, one third remained the same, and the other one
third could not be reported on, because that rat got away."

>>> Steven Dapra <sjd@swcp.com> October 23, 2000 21:12 >>>
Oct. 23

	I went to the STAR page's Tooth Fairy Project page and found this:

	"Most of the strontium in the baby teeth is transferred to the fetus by
the mother during pregnancy."

	Is this true?  Can Sr-90 cross the placenta?  (If it is  transferred "by
the mother" it would have to cross the placenta, wouldn't it?)

Steven Dapra
sjd@swcp.com