Re: Global heating and stupid greens

At 07:04 26/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Serious question radsafers - the report on the news this morning quoted
scientists predicting that the world's temperature would increase 10
degrees (I believe in farenheit) by the next 100 years.  This is kind of
scary - there goes the Marshall Islands...etc.  Does anyone know of an
organization that lobby's FOR nuclear power?  It seems that the Greens are
this years candidate/winner for the Darwin award (eliminating themselves
from the human genepool for blatant stupidity).  Oh, while on the soapbox,
Not to give the Norms or Baldwins any ammunition but instead of looking at
babyteeth why don't they exam breast cancer rates among women who breastfed
their offspring vs those who did not?  Strontium 90 does become a component
of human breastmilk.

>                         Thanks everyone,
>
>                               Tom
>

>HotBot - Search smarter.
>http://www.hotbot.com

100 years are very long time for the average journal reader. My grandsons
may find it even attractive if my mid-desert hometown Beer-Sheva will have
its own beach, for the first time since the Jurassic age.
I don't understand your remark about Sr in human milk. Cow-milk has
probably higher concentrations of Strontium since, even with craziest diet,
human females eat much less grass comparing with a cow. therfore a baby fed
on cow's-milk is exposed to higher doses of Sr,  am I wrong?

Dov (Dubi) Brickner    MD
Beer-Sheva  ISRAEL

brickner@in.zahav.net.il