Comparative Risk

rad safers....

This question came my way. Please respond DIRECTLY to this individual if
you can help.

From: "Steven Durrington" <sdurro@hotmail.com>

Dear AIRnews,

I've been asked to provide some data of comparative doses and risks for
discussion on patient education strategies. I am interested in finding
out a
source for the comparative doses of things such as diagnostic radiology,

sunbaking on the beach, airplane travel, background dose, etc.

I am also interested in finding out about comparative risks - x-ray
risks vs
smoking vs car driving, etc.

Could anybody out there in cyberland point me towards a reference
(internet
or otherwise) that might be useful ? I wil keep internet
searching/surfing
for references, but to date, haven't found the one I'm after.

Thanks for your assistance.

Steven Durrington
Regional Service Manager
QDI, City Region