GRAD STUDENT OPENING

Hi All,

I have an opening for a graduate student at the Master's level who
would be interested in working on a radiation science research
project.  My research involves the application of x-ray fluorescence
to the determination of lead levels in human bone.  This procedure
has had a variety of applications in the fields of public health and
occupational health.

Graduate students enrolled in our department, the Department of
Biomedical Technologies at the University of Vermont, are eligible for
the Master's of Science degree.  The x-ray fluorescence project would
be open to students with an interest in medical physics, health
physics, radiation biology, or general radiation science.  The
undergraduate mission of the department includes programs in both
Radiation Therapy and Nuclear Medicine, and close ties are maintained
with the Fletcher Allen Health Care facility in Burlington, Vermont.

Please pass this notice along to any appropriate individuals at your
institution who are considering graduate school.  This opening
is to begin for the Fall 2001 term, although an earlier start
date is possible if preferred.  Those who may be interested are
encouraged to contact me directly by e-mail or phone.

Thanks,
David
David Fleming, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor