Outpatient (Na)I-131 Therapies

Folks

You might be interested in an article in the J Nucl Med of  this November
(Vol 41 No 11, 1868 - 1875):
Coover LR, Silberstein EB, Kuhn PJ, and Graves, MW.  Therapeutic I131 in
Outpatients: A Simplified Method Conforming to the Code of Federal
Regulations, Title 10, Part 35.75.

I haven't done more than scan it, as yet, but it looks quite useful.  I do
note that it seems to rely entirely on calculated exposure rates, i.e.,
those estimated using the exposure rate constant for I131, with no
allowance for patient self-absorption, rather than measured exposure
rates.  Also, the paper solely addresses the issue of external exposures of
others, by the patient, and not the question of whether it's sensible, from
the risk management POV, to release a patient without allowing a few
half-times for stomach clearance.

Cheers
cja

P.S.  I offered to send one of the Medphysers some pages from ICRP 54.  Now
my email archives have been trashed (yes, Virginia, no backup), so I've
lost her address.  If she'd care to send it to me again, I promise to use
it, before another calamity occurs.