Re: Loose fuel fragment in Chernobyl

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Grant Wilton <GWilton@chem.swri.edu>
An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Datum: Freitag, 01. Dezember 2000 00:08
Betreff: RE: Loose fuel fragment in Chernobyl

>>Some 180 tons of nuclear fuel were located in the reactor at the
>moment of its explosion, and scientists have accounted for only 140
>tons of it.<
>
>I'm not an expert on nuclear reactors nor do I play one on TV but the
>quotation above states "180 tons of nuclear fuel were
>located..............." Is 180 tons of fuel what this type of reactor would
>contain?
>

>Grant Wilton
>Southwest Research Institute

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=0D=0AA-1031 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=0D=0AA-1160 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20001130T234649Z
END:VCARD